Many of you may have heard that we here at Kaia FIT Roseville have been doing a coaches’ challenge with several of our coaches and some of their significant others. The challenge started by Coach Pam approaching Kaia Husband Butch with a proposition to keep each other accountable with their efforts toward ultimate lean and green nutrition and relative fitness goals.
Coach Pam was on a mission to lose weight and inches and to get in even better shape and Kaia Husband Butch was tired of being extremely out of shape. One thing led to another, and the Coaches Challenge was born.
What’s included in the challenge:
- A 90 day commitment: A commitment to work toward SMART (specific, measureable, attainable, realistic and timely) fitness and nutrition related goals, to show up and give it your all, to root on your fellow challenge team members and to never give up.
- A $100.00 buy in: The purpose of the $100.00 is help people stay committed. If they win, they get their money back, and the rest goes to a local Roseville charity.
- Body fat testing: Body fat is hydrostatically calculated the first day and last day of the fitness challenge. The goal here is to lose fat not muscle.
- Measurements: Measurements are taken every month to help track progress and show positive changes in the body.
- Before & After pictures: As we all know, pictures are worth a thousand words, and they do not lie. Pictures are taken every month to show progress.
- FIT Test: This test is made up of 3 rounds of five exercises, with 5 second rest after each, a 1 minute rest at the end of each set.
- FUN, SWEAT, LAUGHTER, CAMARADERIE
How the winner will be chosen:
The following will be taken into consideration when we all vote for the winner:
1. Best overall FIT Test, body fat and measurement results
2. How closely individuals came to achieving their SMART goal(s)
3. Subjective input
We’re just starting our second month of the challenge and we’re completely enjoying helping each achieve our goals, pushing ourselves when we don’t think we we can go on, sharing recipes, tips and tricks on how we’re overcoming roadblocks and challenges, and experiencing different exercises and new levels of fitness. We are also reminded at every workout how our Kaia girls feel when we’re asking for “just 5 more reps or 15 more seconds” and how very hard each and every one of you work at achieving your own fitness and nutrition goals!
LIVE LAUGH LOVE SWEAT PLAY KAIA